Festivals, fairs and celebrations
|the good life in the green hills
Whatever time you visit, you'll probably
come across a local event or festival, as the region has many -
- the international festival of naive art at Trebnje in June,
- farm events in many areas in the summer:
- "Igre pod dedovo lipo"
- "Metliške grajske prireditve"
- "Straška jesen"
- "Praznik harmonike"
- "Vinska vigred"
- "Kostanjeviška noč"
- "Topliška noč"
- "Semiška ohcet"
- the choir festival in Šentvid near Ivančna Gorica,
- fairs in Šentjernej, (the largest in Slovenia) and in Mokronog
and Vesela Gora,
- celebration of the missionary
- Baraga, in Trebnje in June,
- annual performances of the plays of Josip Jurčič in the open
- theatre at Muljava in summer,
- Črnomelj's fireman's festival, the Florjanovo, on 4th May, and
the grand festival of folk dance and music in June - Jurjevanje.
As a visitor you will be made very welcome
at local events - check with the Dolenjska Tourist Board for a calendar.